Today I got my final results for my third year, I’m now Bachelor in the engineering science with a major in computer science and a minor in elektrotechnics. Tommorrow I get my results for my first year master in the computer science. I only had to redo the exams for one course so it should be fine. If all goes well I’ll start my final year in two weeks without any courses from previous years I have to retake.
A few days back we’ve also released version 0.9.5.2 which adresses the exception handling problems with php 5.2 and the optimizer turned on.
I’m still alive!
There has been a optimizer bug in eAccelerator for php 5.2 since it was released. This has been finally fixed by a contributed patch. The ticket that tracks this bug is this one #242. I’ve created a test tarball and uploaded here, if the response is positive we’ll release 0.9.5.2 in a week or so.
In the mean while I’ve been very busy at ULYSSIS after I came back from vacation. I’ve migrated all dns zones to a system that stores all zone information in ldap and an agent that verifies the serials in ldap and if the serial has been incremented a zone will be updated. On the front end side I’ve also written a webinterface that controls the dns information in ldap.
When this migration was finished I’ve also worked on a frontend to manage email adresses and virtual mail domains in ldap to migrate our qmail setup to a postfix+ldap setup. Big parts of it are finished, I’ve even managed to write a script that parses a few thousand .qmail files so they ca be imported in ldap. I’m waiting on the new hardware for the mailserver to arrive.
Since the beginning of August I’ve been studying for my exams. I’ve got to re-do three exams this year, a lot less then last year and I’ve got a lot of time between them. But this time I really want to pass all three of them so my last year can be a bit less busy.
I finished my exams and got my last results today. Some were very good other a bit less but don’t worry 🙂
I’m going on vacation tomorrow and won’t see a computer until 16 July. I’ll be hanging around in the neighborhood of the Mount Ventoux in France.
Today I submitted my final thesis application. The application is in Dutch but I’ll try to translate it because it does have something to do with my work on eAccelerator. The title is “Management of large web infrastructure”.
In this thesis I’ll try to model the configuration of webserver(s) on a higher level together with the interaction with other services like network, firewall, dns, … The purpose is to come to a system that allows one to describe the configuration of one or more webservers and depending on the capabilities of the available platforms and server software to deploy the configuration.
I think it’s going to be interesting for me, especially because of my work at ULYSSIS and me work on eAccelerator.
The last few weeks/months have been very busy for and because of that I haven’t been having much time to spent on eAccelerator. Today we finished one of the bigger projects I have to make for my studies. For the course on userinterface I’ve been following we had to make a new interface for Amazon.
From our tests on Amazon.com we noticed that a lot of users have a lot of problems using their website. Our result can be found at http://amazon.ulyssis.be.
That just one of the projects we need to finish, their are others a lot bigger so until summer break there won’t be any time for eAccelerator. I don’t like it because I would really like to work further on the new caching code, but for now there isn’t much I can do about it.